- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons of cornflour
- 3 tablespoons of buckwheat flour
- 100 ml sunflower oil or olive oil
- 50 ml sparkling water
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme leaves
- a pinch of salt
How to make this savory cake:
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl and then add the cornflour, buckwheat flour, oil, sparkling water and baking powder. Mix all those ingredients well and pour into a baking dish. I used a silicon baking dish with a diameter of 24 cm so I didn’t need to grease it. If you don’t have a silicon baking dish make sure you grease the dish.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Decorate halve of the dish with the sesame seeds and the other halve with the thyme leaves. Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
This corn and buckwheat cake taste nice with a green salad aside.