This veggie omelette with sweet potato, peas and spinach is so tasty, I could eat it for lunch or dinner.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 5 (organic) eggs
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 100 gram peas (frozen)
- two handfuls of spinach leaves
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- (a frying pan with lid)
- Optional: a green salad with rucola, avocado, cucumber and a vinaigrette of olive oil and mild white vinegar
This is how you make the omelette with veggies
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into thin slices and chop the onion.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper .
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the sweet potato and onion. Stir for about 5 minutes on a medium heat. Then add the spinach and peas and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and make sure the whole frying pan is covered with the eggs. You might have to use a wooden spoon to stir gently so the whole bottom is covered by the eggs. Cover the frying pan with a lid and let the omelet cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the omelet from the heat and dived in quarters.
- Optional: Serve with a salad of rucola, cucumber, avocado and a vinaigrette of olive oil and mild white vinegar.