- Start by cleaning the shrimps. Devein the shrimp by peeling the shell from it. Use a knife to make a shallow cut along the back from the head to the tail. Remove the black vein. Rinse the shrimps in water and dry with some kitchen paper.
- Next we are going to marinate the shrimps. Squeeze in a bow the juice of half a lime and grate the skin of the lime (use half for marinating the shrimps and add the other half later on in the sauce). Add two tablespoons of olive oil and chop one small garlic clove and half a chilli fine and add to the mixture. If you don’t have a fresh chilli you could use some dried flakes too. Finally add a little salt and mix the shrimps into the mixture. Marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- In the meantime boil water and cook the rice noodles as described on the package.
- Chop the spring onions, and cut the mangetout in halves. Slice the carrots in thin slices (you could use a peeler).
- Then fry the shrimps until they become slightly pink in about 4 minutes. Add the chopped spring onions for 1 minute. Then add the vegetables and fry for another 5 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and half of the grated skin of the lime and continue steering for another minute or so.
- Turn off the heat and add some chopped coriander to the sauce.
- Mix the sauce with the noodles and serve on a plate. Enjoy.