The stuffed eggplant could be eaten as a side dish or as a (vegan) main course.
Ingredients for 2 portions
- 1 eggplant
- ½ zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ red chili
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs flat parsely
- a pinch of salt and pepper
This is how you make the stuffed eggplant
- Preheat the oven at 210 degrees Celsius.
- Halve the eggplant lengthwise and carefully remove the pulp with a spoon. Sprinkle the hollowed out eggplant with a little salt.
- Chop the flesh of the eggplant into small cubes. Chop the zucchini into cubes and chop the spring onions and chillies finely.
- Peel the tomatoes. You can do this most easily by making a cross with a knife at the bottom and immerse the tomatoes in hot water for about 30 seconds, then peel the tomato and chop in cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the zucchini, tomato and eggplant cubes together with the spring onions and chilies for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and fill the hollowed out eggplant with the mixture.
- Place the eggplants in a baking dish and place in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the eggplant with some fresh chopped leaf parsley at the end.