This vegan raspberry cake is perfect for a birthday party, Christmas or as a dessert after a lovely dinner. It is free of gluten, dairy, refined sugars and its vegan too. Above all it is very tasty!
- 450 ml hot water
- 100 gram coconutcream (not coconutmilk)
- 300 gram (frozen) raspberries (save a few for decoration)
- 10 gram agar agar (vegan galantine)
- 2 tbs honey or maply syrip
- 250 gram raw nuts (I used walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds)
- 200 gram dades
- 200 gram dried plums
- 2 tbs grated coconut (for decoration)
- (food processor, blender , saucepan , cling film, springform pan (ø 20 cm) or 10 cooking rings (ø7 cm)
Directions for about 10 servings
You can either make one big cake in a springform pan (ø 20 cm) or small cakes like on the picture. In that case, you need 8-10 cooking rings (ø7 cm).
This is how you make this delicious vegan raspberry cake.
- Remove the pits of the dates and soak them with the dried plums 5 minutes in warm water.
- Puree the dates, plums and nuts in a food processor until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the springform pan or the cooking rings that you’ve put on a small plate.
- Mix the coconut cream with the hot water and stir well. Let it cool slightly. Then blend the mixture with the raspberries in a blender and pour into a saucepan.
- Heat the raspberry-coconut mixture and add 10 grams of agar agar. Bring to the boil and let the mixture simmer 5 minutes. Let it cool slightly and pour over the bottom that you have made in the tin or cooking rings.
- Cover the cake(s) with cling film and chill at least 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- To remove the sides of the springform take a knife and run it under hot water. Run the knife along the edges of the cake against the sides of the pan. This loosens the cake. Now remove the sides of the springform pan. If you have made small cakes slowly remove the cooking ring.
- Decorate with the cake with de grated coconut and raspberries.